Matchguard is the only product which aims to prevent accidental misuse of matches by children. It is available for the large Cooks matchbox.
“Our own product Matchguard, which has been privileged to be included the latest report “DTI Matchbox research” (3rd April 2000) is unique in that it is the only product that aims to reduce accidents involving children and the accidental misuse of matches.
The Department of Trade and Industry said about our product. “It is a well made and robust holder which has many good features such as
- When the matchbox is inserted in the holder both striking surfaces of the matchbox can still be used and a free run arrangement at each end of the striking surfaces prevents the match from coming up against a sudden stop and breaking off when struck.
- The holder is made from plastic and has a number of warning messages in red.
- In ad-hoc tests the holder was found to be easy for adults to open and the risk of opening it upside down are minimal, once the matchbox is inserted correctly as advised on the packaging.”
- Flame retardant container for extra safety.
- Child resistant catch.
- Once in use, becomes integral to the matchbox effectively creating a child resistant matchbox. No need to take the matches out when using, simply open the child resistant catch use box as normal and close again, striking on the open side panels.
- Wipe clean.
- Protects matchbox from damage.
- Ideal for camping and caravanning.